Since 2016, Knitty has been brought to you by our readers, through Patreon. This support has brought financial stability to Knitty and we’re so grateful!
We’ve been asked for other ways to support Knitty for people who don’t want to use Patreon, and so welcome to our knitty.Me[mbership] page (powered by Memberful). Here’s how it works:
- Go to our knitty.Me[mbership] page
- Click a pledge link (all charges are made in USD)
- A credit-card payment window (powered by Stripe) opens up
- Fill in the details
- Click the big blue button at the bottom
- Stripe will process your pledge and send the funds directly to Knitty
- Every 3 months after that, it will automatically process the same amount
- That’s it! You pay nothing more than the amount you choose. Knitty is happy to pay the fees.
Set up your knitty.Me[mbership] now!
knitty.Me[mbership] is the simplest way to support Knitty. Based on feedback from Knitty Patrons who wanted us to keep it simple, it’s reward free over here. (If you’d like rewards, we’re happy to provide! Just join us at Patreon.) If you prefer to use Paypal to subscribe, click here. And if you’d like to make a one-time contribution via Paypal, click here.
Confused? Here’s a handy chart that lays out all the options for you:
|Service||Payment accepted||Rewards?||User fees?|
|Patreon||credit cards, Paypal||yes||no|
|Paypal||credit cards, Paypal||no||no|
For those who wanted to see the hard numbers, aka what does Knitty receive when I pledge here vs Patreon (note that all fees are applied after you donate… you pay no fees)
(2.9% + 30¢ per charge to Stripe; $25/month to Memberful)
(per pledge: 5% to Patreon; 2.9% + 30¢ to Paypal; $20 to transfer funds to Knitty)
Pledge (in USD)
Pledge (in USD)
Questions? Write firstname.lastname@example.org and say hi!